Wednesday, January 15, 2014

On Monday, I walked past the National Museum of Art, but of course it was closed. (Is that an international rule?) But I had to go back to the tour place on Tuesday, so that took me past the museum again, so this time I got to go in.

It is an architecturally interesting building, with spacious galleries and multiple levels. There is space for the collection (which is mostly Central American) and also space for visiting exhibits. I suspect that the museum's strength is that it has the space to mount some substantial exhibits.

The signage is all in Spanish, which I am not complaining about, but a pamphlet or xerox in English would have been helpful. Since i can't really tell you much about what I saw, I will just let a few photos do it for me. I have to mention that this bunch of images on Flickr has been wildly popular!


 This really is a window.






Enjoy! more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment